Sunday, January 3, 2016

MAC Velvet Teddy

As most of you would know, or might not know. I am a makeup fiend. Like, I actually *love* makeup. I love lipsticks and blushers and mascaras (although in that field I only love one brand of mascara) and bronzers and have I mentioned lipsticks? I freaking love lipsticks. I could do my everyday makeup with a pinky-nude lip and that'll be normal and then I changed it up with some red lipstick and bam! Suddenly people think I've changed my entire look when really, all I did was switch up the lipsticks. 

They're my favourite makeup item.. the lipstick.Which will explain why I have too many at home, I've never actually counted how many but I know it's enough for my friends to have an intervention and long story short, I've been on a lipstick ban for the past 2 years. I'll come clean though, yes, I buy the occasional drugstore/korean brand lipsticks but they don't compare with MAC. Never. I've actually not bought a MAC lipstick for about 2 years now. 

So imagine my sheer delight when Su Wan came by with my Christmas present last week. It's a colour I've been coveting for the longest time but have had to put it on hold until I've finished at least 1 of my lipsticks (no, I still have not finished even one of my lipsticks). So, thank you Su Wan! You're always telling me to have self-control and to not fall into the deep end of my obsession so I was really surprised! 

Here it is, in all it's glory... 
MAC Velvet Teddy
 Y'all know being Asian, it's sometimes hard to find like the perfect nude that won't make us look sick or anemic? This one is perfect. it's not too dark so it doesn't look too brown and it's not too pale so it doesn't make us look sickly.

And there's something about MAC's matte formula too. It's never drying (at least for me) and it always lasts for a substantial amount of time on the lips even with drinking and eating. So that's something I love about it. 

Here are some unfiltered pictures of myself with them on my lips. If you see one of these pictures up on Instagram sometime soon please know that I filter all my Instagram photos to the fullest so that is *why* they won't look like me. Hell, even my momma couldn't recognize me when I showed her one of my Instagram photos. 


 See what I mean, about it not making me look like I'm about to pass out? I AM IN LOVE WITH IT.

I can finally cross off Velvet Teddy from my "Lipsticks to get from MAC" list. (Yes, the list is about 2 years old. Ever since I started the ban). 

Also, I realized I have never done a post on my most prized possessions in my lipstick collection yet (mostly cause I was so damn lazy last year and had no motivation to blog) so I will get to doing that sometime soon!

xx,
Amelia

No comments:

Post a Comment